Microstrips & Combiplates
Breakable Microstrips offer maximum economy for processing a small number
of samples. Careful design and special feature ensure reliability. The
exact number of wells needed can be broken off and inserted into the MultiFrame.
The Combiplate consists of 8 or 12-well Microstrips, either solid or breakable,
assembled in a MultiFrame. The reusable MultiFrame supports each well
individually, ensuring the correct positioning for automated instruments.
The frame is suitable for stacking systems, and it is vented for efficient
incubation of microplate wells.
Advanced features and careful design ensure the reliability of Microstrips.
Coating and washing are always even, and a recessed bottom keeps the surface
clean and scratch free, ensuring high optical performance. Depending on
the plate format, Microstrips are available with Universal Binding, Enhanced
Binding, and Streptavidin-Coated surfaces.
- Non-polar surface for absorption coating.
- Binding based on hydrophobic interaction between the molecule and
the polystyrene surface.
- Especially suitable for binding hydrophobic molecules such as viral
antigens, proteins, and lipoproteins.
- Higher polarity surface; special treatment produces stable ionic groups.
- Binding based on hydrophobic and hydrophilic interaction between the
molecule and polystyrene surface.
- Suitable for binding a wide range of molecules, including immunoglobulins,
albumin, and streptavidin.
- Biotin mediated binding for small or hydrophilic molecules.
- High stability and specificity, and low background binding.
- Avoids problems associated with steric hindrance or hydrophilic molecules.
- Ideal binding surface for synthetic peptides; also suitable for DNA
here for more information and online ordering
MIDSCI is a full-service provider of Laboratory Equipment and
Supplies, with an emphasis on life science and Biotechnology research.
In addition to Tissue
Cell Culture Plastics for Tissue Cell Culture work, we also have a
complete line of related
products for Tissue Cell Culture such as Centrifuges, Cryogenics,
Filtration, Medias, Refrigerators, Freezers, Water-Jacketed Incubators,
Serum, ELISA/Immuno/AssayEIA/RIA Microplates, Hoods, Shakers, Gloves,
Pipet Aids, basically most any product for Tissue Cell Culture.